Sam and Jordi are joined by FoP (Friend of the Podcast) Abe Feuerstein, Professor of Education at Bucknell University. We talk for awhile about our kids in college, about recent primaries in Florida, a horrid ad by Republican Nominee Ron DeSantis, and education funding, especially in PA. This includes a discussion about progress in the slow-moving lawsuit over equitable funding in PA- an effort co-lead by our friends at the Public Interest Law Center . Video Link highlighting the petitioners is below. Abe did some research on how money can matter.
Visit our Sponsor, Mondragon Books!
- What 538 learned about who is actually winning.
- OK Governor has lowest approval rating you can imagine.
School Funding Lawsuit
- Recent win for petitioners. From Public Interest Law Center.
- Original 2014 complaint (legal document).
- NY Times article about lawsuits in multiple states.
- “Has there been a return to ‘pauper schools’ in Pennsylvania? A brief history of public education in the state.”
- “Analysis, Parapraxis and Elvis” Podcast Sam and Abe mentioned.
- Can you spot the Fake Facebook ad? Thanks, Sam.
- Jordi sparking some conversation about race, culture, and cultural production and consumption on Facebook. Good discussion.
Featured image from the article in Public Source.